Welcome to the Lawrenceville Corporation’s
website! We are a community development corporation (CDC), non-profit, 501(c)3 organization.
The mission of the Lawrenceville Corporation is: “to act as a catalyst and conduit for reinvestment in the Lawrenceville community.”
Our vision for the community includes the following elements:
- A diverse community that embraces newcomers and long-time residents, homeowners and renters, children and senior citizens, low-income and middle-class families alike.
- A thriving and competitive business district that attracts customers from around the region with unique stores and products, while continuing to meet the day-to-day needs of community residents.
- A safe, healthy and clean community free from crime, drugs, prostitution, violence and litter.
- An attractive neighborhood full of amenities including shopping, restaurants, green space, parks and recreational facilities.
The LC is guided in its work by five main principles.
- Preserve Authenticity: preserve community diversity and working class heritage; and build on existing architectural assets
- Strategically Target Development Efforts: geographically concentrate development to maximize impact in targeted areas that have been identified as priorities by strategic or community planning processes
- Market Our Assets: understand the neighborhood’s assets and its potential role in the city or regional marketplace; target regional and local customers that will advance our neighborhood’s revitalization; and develop lines of business that promote the neighborhood’s assets
- Support High Quality Design: insist on top-notch design standards for all development and projects in the community
- Engage in Visionary and Participatory Planning: work with local stakeholders to creatively envision the future potential of the neighborhood while keeping an eye on national and regional trends and local opportunities
Our current program areas include:
To learn more about doing business or living
in Lawrenceville, visit our new website: www.lawrenceville-pgh.com.